AUTHORITY TO NOMINATE
Organizational nominations will only be accepted if submitted by or with the approval of a manager(s) within these entities.
2018 ORGANIZATION AWARDS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
THE TOURISM SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARDS ARE OPEN TO ORGANIZATION WHO:
1. Tourism organizations that are licenced by the Jamaica Tourist Board (where applicable)
2. Ports of Entry or Tourism Support Entities (see organizational categories below) which are compliant with TPDCo product quality guidelines.
3. Organizations which directly interact with visitors and have an impact on the quality of the visitors’ experiences.
ORGANIZATION AWARD CATEGORIES
1. ACCOMMODATION – SMALL (UNDER 100 ROOMS)
2. ACCOMODATION – MEDIUM (BETWEEN 101 & 399 ROOMS)
3. ACCOMODATION – LARGE (MORE THAN 400 ROOMS)
– This award recognizes organizations that are licenced as Accommodations by the JTB; licenced homestays are also invited to submit nominations.
4. ATTRACTION / PLACE OF INTEREST
– This award is targeted at entities which are licenced as tourism attractions or registered as places of interest. Entities must be adhering to the industry standards of the subsector
5. TRANSPORTATION PROVIDER – CONTRACT CARRIAGE, BIKE RENTAL, CAR RENTAL
– This award rewards an entity that organizes and markets local attractions and places of interest as well as entities that provide local, on the ground transportation to tourists using motor vehicles, bikes, bicycles, buses, etc.
6. WATER SPORTS OPERATOR
– This award recognizes a tourism enterprise that offers exceptional service in organizing and marketing places of interest
7. PORT OF ENTRY (CRUISE OR AIRPORT)
– This award recognizes the port that allows visitors the best entry and exit experience.
8. TOURISM SUPPORT ENTITY (HERITAGE SITES, PARKS, GARDEN, MUSEUM, GASTRONOMY EXPERIENCE)
– This award recognises an entity that has won the hearts of visitors and emerged as local landmarks for tourism
MANUAL SUBMISSIONS ARE WELCOMED, CLICK HERE FOR A :DOWNLOADABLE FORM