AUTHORITY TO NOMINATE
Individual nominations will only be accepted as valid if submitted by or with the approval of a manager(s) within the organization of employment.
2018 INDIVIDUAL AWARDS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The Tourism Service Excellence Individual Awards Are Open To Individuals Who:
1. Hold full-time employment in the tourism industry for at least three (3) years
2. Interfaces with customers on a consistent basis – directly or indirectly – at a licensed attraction, accommodation, place of interest or other licensed tourism entity
3. Have been trained in customer service, Team Jamaica, safety or other service related areas.
INDIVIDUAL AWARD CATEGORIES
1. SERVICE LEADERSHIP AWARD
This Award is open to any small business owner, upper level manager, middle manager or supervisor who has demonstrated exceptional leadership and vision in improving the tourism experience in any licensed tourism entity, airport or cruise port.
2. BEST ACCOMODATION EMPLOYEE AWARD
This award is for frontline and backline staff working in licensed hotels, villas, guest houses, apartments and homestays.
3. BEST CRAFT ARTISAN/TRADER
This award is for exceptional persons specialising in craft either as a producer or vendor offering goods that are identified as local, indigenous craft.
4. BEST PORT-OF-ENTRY PROFESSIONAL
This award is for exceptional service persons who are employed at cruise ports and airports such as Customs Officers, Red Cap Porters, Immigration Officers and Check-in Agents
5. BEST TRANSPORTATION OPERATOR
This award is for employees who display consistency in delivering services related to transportation, whether as a tour operator, car/bike rental or contract carriage operator.
6. BEST ATTRACTION/PLACE OF INTEREST EMPLOYEE
This award is for employees and team members who are consistent in delivering safe, interesting and customer centered service to tourists at attractions and places of interest.
7. BEST WATER SPORTS ATTRACTION EMPLOYEE
This award is for exceptional service persons employed to a licensed watersport entity; an individual who endeavors to improve their service towards guests to promote safety, security, and enjoyment of all visitors.
Manual Submissions Are Welcomed, Click Here For A :Downloadable Form