TPDCO TOURISM QUIZ
The TPDCo Tourism Quiz is an initiative of the Community Awareness / Corporate Communications Department at the Tourism Product Development Company Limited (TPDCo). With the department’s overall responsibility to communicate the company’s brand image to the wider public through robust Public Relations campaigns, the TPDCo Tourism Quiz competition serves as a mechanism to allow primary level students to have a clearer understanding of the local tourism sector and its many benefits.
- Challenge participants and expand their knowledge of Jamaica’s tourism product
- Increase awareness and interest among the local population
THE 2019 QUIZ
- 32 Schools participated in this year’s competition
- The schools were categorized by East and West, based on their location on the map
- The competition has been endorsed by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, and supported by all agencies of the Ministry of Tourism
- The competition utilizes the PEP curriculum as well as tourism resources. These include the Our Jamaica publication, TPDCO’s Team Jamaica Handbook and TPDCo’s Adventures of Sprucey and Limey Comic series
- The quarter finals – finals matches were aired on Television Jamaica during the period Monday May 20 – June 10, 2019. The quiz aired on Mondays and Thursdays at 6:30 pm with a repeat on Tuesdays and Fridays at 8:35 am
HOW CAN I GET MY SCHOOL INVOLVED?
- Invitations to participate are sent to select schools
- A formal request to participate can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
MISSED THE MATCHES? READ THE REVIEWS ON OUR BLOG!