COVID-19 has impacted travel and tourism worldwide, as such the Ministry of Tourism in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Wellness have developed health and safety protocols for the Jamaican Tourism sector. These protocols will allow the industry to effectively operate in a manner which will minimize the risks to all.
In light of this, the Tourism Product Development Company Limited has been mandated to bring awareness to the Tourism stakeholders and the general population on the Covid-19 Ministry of Tourism Health and Safety Protocols. The Tourism Training Unit has been specifically assigned the task of sensitizing the sector on the Protocols. This has been and will continue to be done through face to face meetings, virtual meetings and by utilizing infomercials on Social Media.
WHY IS TRAINING IMPORTANT
- To bring awareness to the Ministry of Tourism Health and Safety Protocols, which if implemented will reduce future risk of infection.
- To provide information relating to a higher level of safety for both visitors and citizens of Jamaica as it relates to Covid-19.
TYPES OF TRAINING OFFERED
- TPDCo’s training unit led sensitization for tourism workers was held during the period June 08 – June 25 2020 at the Montego Bay Convention Centre and in Negril. A total of 4804 persons participated in the sensitization sessions while an additional 17,654 logged on to live streaming from Montego Bay where 5 days of training was conducted.
Read the article HERE
- To request a COVID-19 training session for your business or place of work, please contact Executive Training Manager, Ruth Harris at email@example.com
TEAM JAMAICA TRAINING
The Training unit, through its Approved Training Partners continue to deliver its Team Jamaica programme. Team Jamaica is a training and certification programme for persons employed in or otherwise associated with the hospitality and tourism industry. The programme’s main components include customer service, product knowledge, cultural and environmental awareness. Interested persons are asked to contact a partner closest to them to book their space for upcoming trainings*
*All social distancing protocols are adhered to during training exercises.
For other trainings please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is it necessary to get certified and what is required to get certified?
Under the Phase 1 approach of the reopening of the tourism sector by the Ministry of Tourism, only businesses within the Covid-19 Resilient Corridor which have been trained on the Covid-19 Ministry of Tourism Health and Safety Protocols are allowed to open to tourists. The businesses should also be in receipt of a COVID-19 Compliant Tourism Entity Seal of Approval by way of inspection by TPDCo.
Requirements to receive the COVID-19 Compliant Tourism Entity Seal of Approval:
- Be a Jamaica Tourist Board licensed accommodation operating along the Tourism Resilient Corridor.
- Submit to TPDCo for approval, Covid-19 Plans i.e. Sanitization and Communication Plan, Emergency Plan and Physical Distancing Plan
- Participate in TPDCo Protocol Training session.
- Receive approval from TPDCo after Covid-19 Protocol Assessment.
To schedule a visit with a TPDCo Assessment Officer, please contact:
|Kingston/South Coast/Portland||Deanne Keating-Campbell||(876) 574 – email@example.com|
|St. Ann/St.Mary||Anna Reader||(876) 457 – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Negril||Anna Reader||(876) 457 – email@example.com|
|Montego Bay/Trelawny||Sandra Bellinfantie||(876) 574 – firstname.lastname@example.org|