Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a motivated, results oriented and qualified professional to fill the following vacancy:
Product Quality Officer – Ocho Rios
Under the supervision of the Product Quality Manager, the Product Quality Officer will monitor and assess entities in the tourism sector in order to facilitate development of tourism entities and services; facilitates the development of the tourism product via consultation with operators and relevant agencies.
• Assesses all tourism entities, prepares written reports on findings and facilitates change by providing corrective action inclusive of Incentive inspection.
• Liaises with government agencies in order to assist the sector regarding compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Provides relevant information to sector from research.
• Provides information regarding training needs for the sector and facilitates awareness programmes where applicable.
• Targets assessments annually, quarterly, monthly, and weekly to ensure targets meet projections for the budgetary year set by the department.
• Provides written consultation reports to entities on request.
• Attends meetings, seminars, workshops and other activities of the department. Informs Manager and Director of issues/problems and solution.
• Performance of any other duty as directed by management.
• Provides weekly/monthly reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and written format
• Sound knowledge of regulations governing the Tourism Sector
• Knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) systems.
• Knowledge of Environmental Management System (EMS).
• Knowledge of hotel, attraction operations.
• Good time management skills.
• Strong reasoning and analytical skills.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• University Degree in Social Sciences and training in Hotel Management.
• Minimum of five (5) yeas working experience in the tourism sector in a related field.
• Extensive knowledge of the hotel and tourist sector.
• Sound knowledge of the food, beverage and entertainment functions applicable in the tourist field.
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 9, 2022
Subject: Product Quality Officer – Ocho Rios