The Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a qualified, motivated and results-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Financial Controller – Kingston
Under the supervision of the Director, Corporate Services, the Financial Controller is responsible for the financial management of the Tourism Product Development Company to include the coordinating of the accounting and financial functions of the TPDCo, its subsidiaries and/or related agencies. The incumbent will represent the Department at Executive Management and Finance Committee meetings.
- Supervises the functions of the Accounts Department and the related sections.
- Advises the Director, Corporate Services of all financial matters in connection with the business of TPDCo, its subsidiaries and related agencies.
- Co-ordinates the overall operations of TPDCo finances under the direction of the Director, Corporate Services.
- Analyses and interprets current financial trends in TPDCo, its subsidiaries and related agencies with a view to advising the Director, Corporate Services and the Board of steps to be taken to enhance TPDCo’s viability.
- Supervises and controls the financial operations of TPDCo, its subsidiaries, corporate clients and related agencies.
- Monitors annual and monthly cash flows and disbursements.
- Plans and controls all expenditure connected with TPDCo’s policy, and also for the carrying out the financial policy laid down by the Board under the direction of the Chairman.
- Drafts and submits to the Director, Corporate Services from time to time Capital Programme and Disbursement forecasts covering the operations of TPDCo.
- Prepares budgets in consultation with the Executive Director and Divisional Heads for submission to the Ministry of Finance.
- Provides financial evaluation of projects for management decision making.
- Keeps adequate accounts and records concerning all aspects of TPDCo’s business transactions and prepares monthly accounts for presentation to the Finance Sub-Committee and Board of Directors.
- Maintains and issues to Directors of Divisions and Heads of Departments information for cost control systems of accounting, budgeting and management controls of their respective Divisions/Departments.
- Keep statutory records, regarding salaries and wages and other internal records.
- Responsible for the investment portfolio of TPDCo, and to ensure that such funds are effectively invested so as to earn the best possible returns.
- Responsible for the review and approval of all payroll, done by the company.
- Prepares Divisional Corporate Plan for review.
- Interfaces with international development institutions to identify funding for product development.
- To ensure the timely submission of documents pertinent to the well-being of governed staff.
- Any other tasks that are congruous with the organizational goals and objectives
- Monthly financial statements prepared and submitted within seven working days after the preceding month.
- Monthly statutory reports submitted.
- Budget prepared and submitted within time frame stipulated by the Director, Corporate Services.
- Financial Statements audited within five months after year end.
- Accounts receivable balances maintained below the over 90 days category.
- Cash flows are managed effectively.
- Accounts for Corporate Service clients prepared on time.
- All Annual Statutory Returns submitted by March 15 each year.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Chartered Accountancy and/or a Second Degree in Management of Business Administration with a major in Accounting.
- Five (5) years working experience as an Accountant in a public or private sector development related organization.
“Any equivalent Combination of Qualifications and Experience”
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, March 24, 2023.
We thank all respondents, but only shortlisted persons will be contacted.