Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a motivated and results-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Deputy Executive Director
The Deputy Executive Director supports the Executive Director in the general management of the operations of the company working closely with him/her to translate the vision and strategic direction given by the Board of Directors, and acts as the primary officer in the absence of the Executive Director.
The Deputy Executive Director provides strategic leadership and operational oversight for the regional operations ensuring the implementation of policies and programmes with respect to the execution of new products, licensing, product quality, and infrastructural projects. As the chief liaison between the corporate headquarters and the regions, the position plays a critical role in the success of TPDCO on the ground serving as an escalation point for resolving customer and tourist issues that may impact visitor satisfaction. It will analyze, assess, develop and implement strategic initiatives to enable the regions to effectively execute their responsibilities and serve their customers at the highest industry standards.
Key Responsibility Areas:
Management/ Administrative Responsibilities
- Leads the development of the strategic and operational plans and budget for the Division; monitors implementation of the plans in a way that optimizes the effectiveness and efficiency of the Division and makes recommendations for adjustments as necessary to enable the achievement of the established objectives and/or changes in direction during the planning period.
- Contributes to the development of direct reports through the effective use of the performance management system and makes recommendations for training and career development where necessary
- Establishes and maintains systems /programs to foster a culture of teamwork within and among the regions and provides leadership to staff through effective objective setting, delegation and communication; ensures the overall level of staff are available in each region to meet customer project requirements
- Assists the ED in developing/reviewing organization-wide policies, procedures and standards that are consistent with best practices to facilitate effective management of the affairs of TPDCO.
- Leads the periodic review of operational manuals to ensure they remain current; oversees the implementation of key processes to ensure consistency in implementation across the regions; ensures appropriate tools and resources are available to support the work of the regions; ensures staffs are aware of and adheres to the policies, procedures and regulations of the regions and the organization.
- Prepares/ensures reports for submission to the Executive Director and/or the Board are completed in a timely manner
- Participates in public education programs undertaken by the company to sensitize clients of the various potential products and services within the industry and in particular at the regional level and also to ensure maximum exposure of TPDCo projects
- Oversees/reviews and signs off on the rollout plans for the regions including new policies developed at Head Office in respect of training, licensing and regulations; provides the mechanisms to support the integration and consistency of product and service quality throughout the regions.
- Conducts regular regional visits to observe the day to day operations and address specific issues/concerns ensuring a balance between risk and efficiencies; reviews and analyzes weekly/monthly reports to identify control weaknesses, trends and/or processing and implementation issues within the areas of regional responsibility; conducts annual operational reviews of each region to ensure policies and procedures are being followed and conducts follow up reviews on any region with less than an adequate performance
- Contributes to the identification of heritage/community attractions for possible TPDCo investment or involvement in the regions; ensures effective collaboration with government and non-government entities in order to facilitate the implementation of projects in the regions
- Contributes to product development activities; collaborates and supervises the Destination Managers in the process of identifying new products initiatives for submission to the Product Development Division and provides support to the Product Development Division in regional interventions with key stakeholders.
- Performs any other duties relevant to the work of the Division, or that may be reasonably assigned by the Executive Director.
- Liaises with internal/external auditors and coordinates the preparation of specific information requested for the purpose of Audits and/or reviews.
- Acts as an Advisor to the Destination Assurance Councils.
- Functional/Occupational Competence
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong strategic visioning skills
- Strong goal/result orientation
- Excellent team-building skills
- Computer literacy, including the use of spreadsheet and word processing applications
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Behavioural Competencies
- Ability to negotiate and persuade
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Politically sensitive and astute
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent
- 5-7 years in Administration at a senior managerial level in the tourism sector.
Applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of The Executive Director no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, September 30, 2022.
Subject: Deputy Executive Director
We thank all respondents, but only short-listed persons will be contacted.