The Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a qualified, motivated and results-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Business Analyst – Kingston
Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, the Business Analyst (BA) is responsible for investigating business systems, identifying options for business processes improvement, bridging the needs of the organization with the use of information technology to meet international standards. The BA is expected to analyze strategic business needs and interpret business rules and user requirements for implementation in system development projects as well as for any software application that is selected for deployment. The BA is the primary liaison between all departments of TPDCo, the Tourism Enhancement Fund (TEF), the Ministry of Tourism and its agencies, and the MIS department.
- Serves as the primary liaison between business units and the MIS Unit within the context of assigned projects.
- Ensures the development and maintenance of manuals, procedures and other documentation required for the effective operations of the application support team; including end user documentation, testing scripts and system commissioning plans.
- Assists in developing tactical plans that support agency-wide strategies for application integration and business data relationships.
- Recommends commercially available IT technologies or designing custom solutions to satisfy business needs. Documents benefits, capabilities and constraints for each application.
- Leads or assists with assigned projects and initiatives within the agency with a focus on meeting strategic business objectives.
- Coordinates with business units and technical staff to define, write and test technical specifications and assist in preparation of functional specifications.
- Resolves end-user problems or issues regarding business applications and provides application administrative support.
- Coordinates the installation of application patches, releases, and enhancements on development, test, disaster recovery, and production systems.
- Monitors application changes according to the IT Change Control guidelines and procedures.
- Supports customer acceptance testing of new implemented technology with the end user.
- Supervises the Database Administrator to ensure that the databases adhere to the required standards.
- Supervises the Data Administrator to ensure that data integrity is maintained throughout the enterprise.
- Ensures the timely completion of reports and other documentation.
- Makes recommendations to the supervisor on matters relating to data and document management throughout the organization.
- Attends meetings on behalf of the unit as requested.
- Performs other related duties that may from time to time be assigned.
- Ability to identify and author Business Requirements documents as well as testing plans and training plans/materials.
- Knowledge of software development standards, structured development environments and methodologies.
- Knowledge of relational database architectures, query languages, interfaces, data warehouse concepts, service-oriented architecture concepts, portals, reporting tools and standard programming environments.
- Strong technical documentation, problem solving and analytical skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and customer relationship skills and ability to thrive in a team-based environment.
- Understanding of the business-processes change procedures
- Ability to serve in a Help-Desk-support capacity
- Ability to provide end-user training for internal applications
- Ability to Create end user reports
- Excellent business process modelling skills
- Ability to conduct structured interviews and facilitate sessions to gather process and system information
- Working knowledge of client server concepts.
- Knowledge of software testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) practices and quality assurance techniques.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A first degree with acceptable specialization in Management Information Systems. Six years’ experience in information technology, with three years’ experience in analysis/design/project management/ and programming, Business and Data Analysis experience with a proven track record for implementing problem solving business solutions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to motivate and lead where necessary
- Extensive experience delivering training in new technology
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification an asset.
“Any equivalent Combination of Qualifications and Experience”
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, March 24, 2023.
We thank all respondents, but only shortlisted persons will be contacted.