The Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a qualified, motivated and results-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Administrative Officer – Executive Office – Montego Bay
Reporting into the Executive Offices the Administrative Officer will provide administrative support to the Executive Office in the Montego Bay region.
· Oversees and/or performs a range of diverse administrative activities for various Destination Areas; serves as a central point of liaison with other departments and external constituencies in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the department.
· Coordinates monthly sub-committee meetings, draft meeting minutes and action items.
· Coordinates bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually reports for Destination Assurance.
· Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation.
· Assists in administrative problem solving, programme/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives.
· Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers and computes various data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
· Provides and/or oversees support activities for the department such as answering telephones, assisting and resolving problems and inquiries of staff, review and control of incoming and outgoing correspondence, and follow-up on operational commitments.
· Schedules appointments and maintains calendars; schedules, coordinates and facilitates meetings, events, and/or travel arrangements, as required.
· Establishes, updates, and maintains department’s files, inventories, and records; implements and maintains data management systems, as required.
· Records minutes of meetings, type and produce notes of these meetings and circulate accordingly.
· Maintains a follow-up system of important correspondence/issues
· Types and dispatches letters, memorandum and other general correspondences
· Maintains and reviews the filing system
· Makes photocopy of documents as required
· Requests stationery supplies for the Department.
· Any other duties that may be assigned.
· Proficient in the use of computers and applications for data analysis
· Database management skills
· Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures.
· Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word applications.
· Good command of the English Language
· Effective and efficient time management skills
· Ability to use reasoning power and judgment
· Ability to relate and communicate well with people at all levels both orally and in writing.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· An Associate Degree in Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized institution
· At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
“Any equivalent Combination of Qualifications and Experience”
N.B: Interview will include a practical component.
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, November 3, 2023.
We thank all respondents, but only short listed persons will be contacted.