The Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a qualified, motivated and result-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Administrative Assistant 2 – Product Development and Community Tourism-Kingston
Under the direction of the Director, Product Development & Community Tourism, the Administrative Assistant 2, provides secretarial support to the Product Development & Community Tourism unit, primarily to the Director – in administering the work of the department.
- Organizes, supervises and evaluates temporary secretarial staff/interns for the department
- Perusal of all correspondence, letters, reports/updates/budgets for typographical, grammatical and mathematical errors prior to submission to the relevant Officers of the company.
- Sends meeting invitation to all members and attendees of the Finance and Development Sub-committee one and a half week before meeting.
- Requests submission for the meetings so that they can be delivered to the members and attendees no less than five (5) days prior to the meeting.
- Prepare minutes and action list for the Finance and Development Sub-committee.
- Prepares memos for payment for contractors/consultants and other external organizations and submit to the Finance Department
- Maintains payment register for all projects showing allocation, invoice amounts and payments among other things.
- Maintains a follow up system with Finance Department regarding the preparation of cheques for contractors/consultants as well as other organizations
- Checks petty cash analysis from the Ocho Rios and Montego Bay Regions ensuring that the relevant vouchers are attached and properly reconciled before passing to Director for approval and submit to Finance Department for cheques to be prepared for the various regions
- Types Board Paper for Executive Director for presentation to TPDCo Board
- Maintains accurate records of payment requests from contractors/ consultants and other associated personnel and follow-up to satisfactory conclusion, i.e., ensuring that the contractors receive payment; liaising with the contractor/consultant to either pick up payment or make other arrangement for delivery
- Prepares project contracts for contractors/consultants and other organizations for Executive Director and Director’s signature Maintains good conduct, respect for all rules and regulations and exercise restraint and professionalism in all aspects of work
- Prepares correspondences and reports
- Records minutes of meetings and distributes in a timely manner
- Keeps diary of the Director up to date with appointments/confirm meetings
- Assists with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports
- Attends to incoming and outgoing correspondence; takes appropriate follow up action.
- Maintains and reviews filing system, retrieves files as requested, photo copy documents as requested
- Maintains adequate stock of stationery for the Department.
- Maintains a telephone directory of frequent called numbers and retrieve in a timely manner
- Assists with the organization of seminars, workshops, and training programmes
- Arranges meetings as directed including venues, materials, refreshments and any other input required for the meetings.
- Drafts and prepares documents and letters for the Director and where instructed sign these letters on the Director’s behalf.
- Prepare agendas, itineraries for meetings and seminars for officers and managers
- Assist with the preparation of budgets for the department
- Assist with any other administrative functions specific to the PDCT
- Assist with company-related duties as directed by the Director
- Good oral and written communication skill.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Proficient in computer programmes, e.g. Microsoft. Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Good typing skills.
- Good knowledge of the tourism sector.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent
- Four CXC at the General Level including English Language
- Four (4) years’ experience as Administrative Assistant.
“Any equivalent Combination of Qualifications and Experience”
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, September 22, 2023
Subject: Administrative Assistant 2 – Product Development and Community Tourism – Kingston
We thank all respondents, but only shortlisted persons will be contacted.