The Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. (TPDCo.) is seeking to identify a qualified, motivated and result-oriented professional to fill the following position:
Administrative Assistant 2 – Destination Assurance–Negril
The Administrative Assistant – Destination Assurance provides Administrative support to the Destination Manager. In the execution of this administrative support the Administrative Assistant will provide assistance to the Destination Manager in all administrative matters relating to the transformation and maintenance of Negril as a sustainable destination.
- Oversees and/or performs a range of diverse administrative activities for the department; serves as a central point of liaison with other departments and external constituencies in the resolution of a variety of day-to-day matters concerning the department.
- Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation.
- Assists in administrative problem solving, programme/project planning, development, and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Researches information, compiles statistics, and gathers and computes various data; prepares special and/or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant data from a variety of sources.
- Provides and/or oversees support activities for the department such as answering telephones, assisting and resolving problems and inquiries of staff, review and control of incoming and outgoing correspondence, and follow-up on operational commitments.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars; schedules, coordinates and facilitates meetings, events, and/or travel arrangements, as required.
- Establishes, updates, and maintains department’s files, inventories, and records; implements and maintains data management systems, as required.
- Prepares first draft of monthly reports.
- Records minutes of meetings, type and produce notes of these meetings and circulate accordingly.
- Maintains a follow-up system of important correspondence/issues
- Types and dispatches letters, memorandum and other general correspondences
- Maintains and reviews the filing system
- Makes photocopy of documents as required
- Requests stationery supplies for the Department.
- Plans and implements staff events for the region
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time in assisting the Destination Manager.
- Good oral and written communication skill
- Ability to be a team player
- Proficient in computer programmes, e.g. Microsoft. Excel, Power Point and Access
- Good typing skills
- Good knowledge of the tourism sector
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Diploma from a recognized institution
- Certified Professional Secretary designation or equivalent
- Four (4) CXC/GCE O’Level passes including Mathematics and English Language
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
“Any equivalent Combination of Qualifications and Experience”
Applications should be e-mailed to email@example.com to the attention of The Executive Human Resource Manager no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, September 22, 2023
Subject: Administrative Assistant 2 – Destination Assurance- Negril
We thank all respondents, but only shortlisted persons will be contacted.