Resort Boards were established in each resort area in an advisory capacity to TPDCo. These boards are legally empowered to function within certain parameters and with TPDCo’s authority.
The Resort Areas are categorized as follows:
- Kingston Metropolitan Area – covering the parishes of Kingston, St. Andrew, Thomas and St. Catherine
- South Coast – covering the parishes of Clarendon, Manchester, and St. Elizabeth up to the Ferris Crossing of Westmoreland
- Negril – covering Hanover and parts of Westmoreland through to Ferris Crossing (the border of the South Coast Resort Area)
- Montego Bay Resort – covering the parishes of Trelawny and St. James
- Ocho Rios – covering the parishes of St. Ann and St. Mary
- Port Antonio – covering the parish of Portland.
The Resort Boards ensure:
The development, improvement and sustainability
of the Tourism Product within the Resort Area